Saturday, August 2, 2014

Four things to {Cook} this month | #1



             Blueberry Dutch Pancakes  


           quinoa, mushroom and thyme risotto


1. Breakfast | I am attempting to expand my pancake repertoire. After discovering last month that I can make the best American Pancakes, my boyfriend and I are in constant competition as to who can make the fluffiest pancakes with the most interesting and delicious flavour combinations. These Dutch Blueberry pancakes look like a winner to me, and they look so beautiful in their individual cast-iron pans. 

2. Lunch | As has been mentioned in previous posts, I have a serious case of Scandimania. Hence why I can't wait to make my own versions of Smorrebrod: dark rye bread, topped with a selection of delicious toppings. I personally want to try cream cheese, hot smoked salmon and Danish pickled cucumber. I can't wait to try these properly when I spend my Christmas in Copenhagen and Oslo this year! 

3. Dinner | I love risotto, but I find the gluten in the rice often leaves me feeling stodgy and needing to nap in front of trashy TV for at least 3 hours! This version made with quinoa and loads of fresh mushrooms looks so much lighter but equally filling. I can't wait to try this for dinner when I go back to Uni in September. 

4. Bake | It's no secret that I love baking. But as my skills develop, I'm looking to experiment a little more with new flavour combinations, and stray from the confines of traditional recipes. This classic lemon cake is sexed up with sprigs of fresh rosemary and a tangy, yoghurt icing- the sort of thing I would love to make in my own kitchen! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Template designed By The Sunday Studio.