Monday, May 27, 2013

Spend-a-holic

It's official, exams are making me lose my mind to the extent that I no longer have any rational monetary awareness. Luckily, because of this, I thought I would do a tiny 'haul' blog post (inspired by Tanya Burr, Esteé and alike).

1. Marc by Marc Jacobs Amy Ladies Watch, £165.00




I've been eyeing up this Marc Jacobs watch for such a long time- and finally today I plucked up the courage to buy it. The strap is black leather, with little gold circlet detailing on the holes- and the actual face itself is really thick and shiny, with a lovely weight to it. Alas, it wasn't cheap, but I have exam season lying on my conscience to justify it.

2. Clinique Stay-Matte Oil-Free Makeup, Foundation shade 2 'Alabaster', £21.00




I'm always a little bit scared about approaching 'high-end' makeup counters, especially because I don't know an awful lot about the stuff I slap on my face. This embarrassment is only then furthered by despite trying every cream, gel, wash, tablet on the market, I still have incredibly oily skin- which I often feel isn't catered for in makeup. However, I feel like i'm on to a winner with this Clinique number- as the lady on the counter assured me that it 'controls oil breakthrough and keeps skin shine-free'. And, of course, I had to get the shade one up from albino (sorry, it doesn't look amazing on the swatch picture!). 

Oh, she also said it was ideal to wear to the gym...
to which I responded, 'Oh yes, I do hate it when I'm shiny on the rowing machine'. 
Pah, as if I go to the gym!

Have you bought anything nice recently?
Or have exams made you go a bit spend-crazy?

p.s I also bought my Year 13 prom dress today... but you will have to wait to see that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Template designed By The Sunday Studio.